My work in music technology is framed by sociocultural research on learning and creativity in relationship with community and context. Please contact me for more info at email@example.com
Earlier publications focus on the challenges of collaboration, and more recently I have published on learning through collaboration and the influence of tool mediated creativities.
– Veloce, S. Farnsworth, B. Lovell, R. Johnson, H. Bliss, A. & Dobson, E. (in press), Gender Relations in New Music (GRiNM) and Yorkshire Sound Women Network (YSWN): case studies in activism and organisation for change in H Minors and L Hamer (Eds.) The Routledge companion to women and musical leadership: the ninteenth century and beyond, Routledge
– Dobson, E. (2020). Conversations in Berlin: Discourse on Gender, Equilibrium, and Empowerment in Audio Production. In J. H. Russ Hepworth-Sawyer, Gender in Music Production (p. 17). New York: Focal Press.
Dobson, E. (2019). Talk for collaborative learning in collaborative computer-based music production. Journal of Music, Technology and Education, 141-164.
– Dobson, E. (2018) Digital Audio Ecofeminism: The Glocal Impact of All-female Communities on Learning and Sound Creativities in L. De Bruin, P. Burnard and S. Davis Creativities in Arts Education, Research and Practice: Glocalised Perspectives for the Future of Learning and Teaching
– Dobson, E. and Littleton, K., (2015) Digital technologies and the mediation of undergraduate students’ collaborative music compositional practices in Learning, Media and Technology DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17439884.2015.1047850
– Dobson, E. (2015) ‘Permission to Play: Fostering Enterprise Creativities in Music Technology through Extracurricular Interdisciplinary Collaboration’ in P. Burnard and E. Haddon (Eds.) Activating Diverse Musical Creativities and Entrepreneurship in Higher Education.
– Dobson, E., Flewitt, R., Littleton K. and Miell, D. (2011) ‘Studio Based Composers in Collaboration: a Socioculturally Framed Study’ Proceedings of the International Computer Music Conference 2011, p373-376
– Alex, C., Dobson, E. and Wilsmore, R., (2010) ‘Collaborative Art Practices in HE: Mapping and Developing Pedagogical Models’ Higher Education Academy Resources Centre.